What is Organization development?
OD is the theory and practice of planned, systematic change in the attitudes, beliefs, and values of the employees through creation and reinforcement of long-term training programs. OD is:
- Action oriented;
- starts with a careful organization-wide analysis of the current situation and of the future requirement;
- is a long range, ongoing, and systematic process to improve organization’s problem solving and renewal processes, particularly through more effective and collaborative management of organizational culture;
- its objective is to enable the organization in adopting-better to the fast-changing external environment of new markets, regulations, and technologies.
Typical OD activities include:
- Organizational assessments
- Career development
- Leadership development
- Talent management
- Change management
Organization structures direct and control all aspects of an organization’s performance and should always be aligned with the organization’s overall strategy and the market in which it operates. We assist organizations in the process of reshaping organization structure & roles, alignment of structure, process, rewards, metrics and talent with the strategy of the business.Learnactive can assist to:
- Evaluate your current structure
- Design structures for start-up organizations and companies undergoing change
- Benchmark structure and work-flow against organizations in similar industries
- Develop effective job description systems
Organization surveys evaluate the impact of various systems, initiatives, and practices on employees, culture, customers, and the organization as a whole. Employee engagement results are one of the essential KPIs used to evaluate leadership performance and as such; it is essential that engagement surveys be well designed; linked to overall strategy; and correctly analyzed and interpreted.
Learnactive has conducted several organizational surveys; both proprietary and customized. Some of the surveys we’ve conducted in the past include:
- Satisfaction Surveys — while not very accurate (or relevant!); they provide a quick and cost-effective method for checking levels of satisfaction.
- Engagement Surveys both in our standard, proprietary format and custom-designed to meet strategic goals of the client.
- Organization Culture (or climate) Surveys. Essential during change initiatives; culture surveys are typically assessed in refernce to an established model or against specific dimensions linked to the organization’s strategic objectives.
Your organization’s talent are the backbone of your long-terms sustainability; and also your future leaders making them your most valuable asset. With this in mind, the below areas are key to managing your talent effectively:
- Identifying the talent in your organization. This is often not simply a question of performance, but also ‘capability’ for performance. In other words, not only the demonstrated ability of the employee, but also the potential and future ability.
- Short–, medium–, and long-term succession planning. Succession planning is not simply identifying a suitable successor for a leader; it also centers on developing the identified individual so that (s)he is able to deliver the required results effectively.
- Retaining Talent. Talent is volatile. Qualified, competent, and successful employees are in demand making it essential that every organization ensure it has the systems and strategies (From such as development or reward) in place to retain its talent.
- Leadership Pipeline. Talent management culminates in creating a ready ‘pipeline’ of future leaders for your organization. Apart from your other ‘Talent’ future leaders are developed against a set of leadership competencies relevant to the organization.
Leaders drive the company performance and create the unifying vision and strategies to enable long-term continuity. If you’re looking safe-guard your company through developing and nurturing a strong ‘bench’ of future leaders; we can help! Given the demands on the leader, traditional development methods are not always effective. Learnactive works with the organization to design innovative solutions customized to their needs without putting too much pressure on the demanding time of the Leaders in the company. Our solutions usually incorporate several learning methods and aim at developing the leader’s skills and abilities and not only his/her knowledge.
In the GCC region, hiring, retaining, and developing nationals has become somewhat of a challenge and a cliche at the same time. An effective, comprehensive nationalization strategy can make the difference between success and failure. Learnactive develops and designs comprehensive and holistic development and nationalization programs for fresh graduates as well as current employees. Our development and nationalization programs are custom-designed to suit each culture in the region and vary from 12 months to 3 years based on our client’s specific needs. Of special focus in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region are the Graduate Trainee programs designed to attract and develop National employees – typically called Nationalization Programs.
Graduate Traineeships aim at developing key business and corporate skills for fresh graduates, enabling them to be effective and productive from their first year. Our range of services includes designing the programs and all associated processes and policies. Our LearnLine© range of programs —at the enable Level— are excellent for building real workplace skills and abilities for fresh graduates. All LearnLine© programs can be delivered by you internal trainers (provided they are certified Gear Training Facilitators) or, if you don’t have an internal training capability, one of our certified consultants can deliver the program(s) of your choice to your employees.
Some of the methods we use in our custom-designed development programs include:
- On-the-job assignments
- Development centers (to identify each manager’s specific development needs)
- Case study-based learning
- Traditional (classroom) training
- Reading assignments
- Simulation & game-based training