Layla Halabi (MSc, GPHR, SPHR)
Partner | Human Capital
- PhD (ABT) Management, Walden University, USA
- MSc Training & Performance Management, University of Leicester, UK
- Graduate Diploma in Managerial leadership, City University, USA
- GPHR: Global Professional HR, SHRM – USA
- SPHR: Senior Professional HR, SHRM – USA
- Certified Level A & B (Intermediate) Occupational Testing Assessor
- Certified Assessment/Development Center Manager
Areas of Focus:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organizational Development
- Performance Development Systems
Layla Halabi is a human resources specialist with an extensive background in strategic human resources and management. Currently, she is studying for a PhD in Management with Walden University in the USA. For more than 25 years, Layla has been working in the GCC and in the Middle East with various educational, governmental, not-for-profit organizations, and multinationals like General Electric and the United Nations system. She has extensive experience with the private, public and not-for-profit sectors both as an internal and an external consultant and has been involved in a multitude of projects – including training, performance improvement, organizational audits, and HR-related projects such as competency systems.
As an HR and performance consultant, Layla’s approach focuses on business and bottom-line results rather than isolated or fragmented solutions that may, or may not, improve organizational performance. Once again relying on the principles of human performance improvement, Layla begins all her projects with an analysis of the business needs and the current organizational performance levels so that all interventions and solutions are linked to business goals and guaranteed to impact the overall bottom-line. She has managed and implemented numerous strategic and operational HR projects including, designing and implementing competency frameworks, designing and implementing assessment and development centers, designing performance management systems and developing policy and procedure systems. While Leadership and Human Resources Management & Development are her primary areas of expertise, she has also developed, designed and delivered programs in other areas of focus including intercultural communication, strategic planning, career management, and managerial communication to name but a few.
A firm believer in the principles of human performance improvement, Layla endeavors to create and deliver high-impact training programs utilizing established principles of adult and participative learning to address the needs of the participants in an experiential manner. At the same time, the training ensures the maximum transfer of knowledge and learning and maximizes the clients’ return on investment.
Maha Khatib (MSc, ACIPD)
Partner | Management Consultant
- MSc. Training & Human Recourse Management, University of Leicester, UK
- BSc. Business, Amman University, Jordan
- Associate of the Chartered Institute for Personnel Development (CIPD), UK
- Certified Trainer and Workplace Assessor, Counsel of Education of Western Australia
- Certified Level A & B Occupational Psychometric Assessor
Areas of Focus:
- Management Consulting
- Performance Improvement
Maha is a recognized management consultant with more than 17 years of experience in the GCC, Middle East and MENA Region including UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, & India. She is currently based in Dubai-UAE.
She is the co-founder of Learnactive Management Consultancy since January 2008, prior to that Maha worked in management consulting, performance improvement, and adult learning as an internal employee with leading organizations such as Emirates Airlines – Emirates Aviation College, Dubai Airports and Dubai Holding.
As a management consultant, Maha has been advising businesses for over 17 years on aligning systems with organization strategies, linking systems solutions with performance results using a business partnership approach, measuring the effectiveness of the systems on business results, designing performance-based solutions and tools to ensure consistency and high-quality delivery of business results.
As an adult learning facilitator, Maha builds her delivery style on the adults learning principles, accelerated learning principles, and active learning tools. Some of the techniques she incorporates during her training programs are the whole-body learning experience, creating positive emotions during the learning sessions, building strong and clear relevance to participants work requirements & environment, and driving learning through the participants themselves.
She trained more than 4,000 learning and development professionals from more than 50 nationalities across the MENA region during the past 17 years. She also facilitated the Training Diploma of University of Cambridge – International Examination Center.
Maha holds a master’s degree in Training and HRM from the University of Leicester in the UK, she is an associate with the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, CIPD, she also holds several international certifications in training evaluation & measurement, Kirkpatrick Four Levels® Evaluation, instructional system design, learning needs assessment, learning transfer, business partnership, performance consulting, and adults learning. She is also a member of the ATD, the Association for Talent Development since 2002.
Atieh Sabbar (HRBP)
Consultant | Human Resources
- BAS (Honours Degree) – Business Administration- York University, Toronto-Canada. Specialization in Strategic General Management.
- HRBP, Certified Human Resources Business Professional, SHRM (Society of Human Resources Management), USA
- Behavioral Interviewing Certification, DDI, Canada
- Interview 4 Talent certification- British American Tobacco, Dubai-UAE
- Certified Assessment Center Facilitator/Assessor- British American Tobacco, Dubai-UAE
- Certified Kirkpatrick Four Levels® Evaluation Practitioner, Kirkpatrick Partners, USA
- Certified Accelerated Learning Practitioner- Centre for Accelerated Learning, USA
- Train the Trainer- Facilitators Training – British American Tobacco, Dubai-UAE
- Coaching Workshop, GROW Model – British American Tobacco, Dubai-UAE
Areas of Focus
- Recruitment & Selection systems and processes
- Compensation & Benefits systems and policies
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Audit
- HR Training
Atieh Sabbar, HR Consultant and Operations Manager at Learnactive, is a certified HR generalist with specialized experience as well as certification in Recruitment & Selection, Learning & Development; and Reward management, within both multinational and small business sectors.
She has effectively worked on a number of restructuring projects, specifically focusing on business strategy development, redesigning organizational structures, job design and policies & procedures development. She focuses on setting development of Performance Management, Reward and Talent Management systems and processes.
Furthermore, Atieh is a certified instructional designer and facilitator, and focuses on designing and delivering HR and Management specific training programs.
Atieh believes that an organization’s most important resources is its human capital and that with creative, visionary, and competency based structuring, nurturing and development of its employees, almost all organizations can reach their full potential.
Senior Consultant | Human Resources
- Human Resources Management certification – U21Global, Singapore
- Organization Behaviour certification – U21Global, Singapore
- Human Resources Management Certification – American University in Cairo
- French Literature Diploma – Sorbonne University Paris IV
- BSc Computer graphics and book illustration, Helwan University.
Mariam El Ghandour, Senior HR Consultant at Learnactive, is an HR generalist with a broad background in HR and Training & Development with more than 14 years’ experience in the GCC and the Middle East.
Mariam has extensive experience with the hospitality and aviation industry and has been involved in many projects including nationalization programs, organizational Training & Development, competencies development & Performance Management, Assessment centers, setting up organizational HR strategies, HRMS and all HR-related duties. she has worked with two of the leading local and international organizations in hospitality and aviation industries.
As a trainer, Mariam specializes in developing trainers, and line Managers focusing on leadership and soft skills training. She holds a Human Resources and Organization Behavior Management certification from Singapore. She is also a Registered Assessor for “Train the trainer” programs and a Master trainer in “on-Job Training”, “Competency Based Interviewing”, “leadership Skills”, “strategic Selling” and Performance Management.
Consultant | Learning & Development
- Graduate Diploma in Training (Train-the-Trainer) from Regional IT Institute, Cairo, Egypt
- BSc. Business Administration, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- Certified Instructional Designer, the PerformanceMaker Group, USA
Ahmad Samir is a Learning & Development specialist with an experience of 6 years in Egypt. He has worked with some of the leading organizations like Vodafone, Phillip Morris International, and HTC. Ahmad has good experience with Adult Learning, been responsible for many social initiatives like Youth Smoking Prevention Campaigns as well as a lot of charity work, all targeting people’s up-skilling.
As a trainer, Ahmad specializes in adult learning process, on most of levels. He is a certified trainer from RITI – Regional IT Institute in Cairo, Egypt, as well as being certified as a Kirkpatrick Silver level practitioner, from Kirkpatrick Partners, USA.
Leila Massoud (MIM, MBA)
Senior Consultant | Customer Service
- MIM International Management, American Graduate School of International Management, USA
- MBA Marketing & Management, Southern Methodist University, USA
- BBA Marketing, John Cabot International College, Italy
- AA Computer Science, John Cabot International College, Italy
- Profiles Master certified Assessor
Leila Massoud is a consultant specialist with a comprehensive background in Management, Customer Service, Corporate Communication and Events Management with more than 29 years of experience in the GCC, Middle East and Europe. She has worked with some of the leading organizations like The Ford Foundation, Diplomatic Missions, Financial institutions and UAE Government bodies.
Leila has an all-embracing skill in developing, managing and driving, both internally and externally, a variety of management strategies focusing primarily on business objectives that assist organizations reach their goals. This includes consultation on how to achieve international customer service standards in an organization and ways to co-ordinate marketing communication activities such as advertising, sponsorship and promotional campaigns.
As a consultant, Leila believes that her cross-culture experience and diverse work involvement with the Emirates Identity Authority, The American Embassy in Cairo and providing overall consultation management for some of the units in other international organizations has imparted her with the ability to provide managerial solutions that meet a vast category of organization.